Byrne Technical Services
Byrne Technical Services (BTS) specialises in waterproofing consulting, specifications, training and assessing for the building industry. BTS is owned and managed by Eric Byrne, who has operated in the waterproofing industry since 1979.
What we provide
- Accredited Building Consultant and Expert Witness
- Inspections of new works, failed systems and work in progress.
- Provision of specifications and reports and liasing with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Provision of on-site quality assurance programs
- Training of contractors, builders and inspectors.
- Assessing of waterproofing contractors.
BTS has been involved with new and existing projects and has been engaged by many clients, including Taylors, Ove Arup, Tyrell’s Property Services, Leighton’s, Multiplex, Westfield, State Rail Authority, Baulderstone Hornibrook, Fugen Constructions, MBA NSW, AIBS and other semi-government agencies, including TAFE NSW and NSW LGSA.
Eric Byrne worked in the waterproofing industry for over 36 years and has completed training/studies in the following areas:
- Bachelor of Business
- Bonded Asbestos Handling
- Installation of Hot Pour Bitumen Sheet Membranes
- Installation of Torch Applied Sheet Membrane Systems
- Master Applicator Waterproofing Training PVC Liquid and Sheet Membranes
- Waterproofing Skills Course at Building Industry Skills Centre
- Crack Repair and Injection Techniques – California
- Cert IV Workplace Trainer and Assessor – MBA
- Cert III construction Waterproofing – NSW MBA